Scrambled Eggs and Leftover Chili

by Rachel on November 11, 2009

Breakfast suitable for the most protein-obsessed loved ones.

I had the best breakfast this morning. I am married to a protein obsessed man. Seriously. My man loves protein. I had a small container of The Pioneer Woman Cooks Beef Chili left over (I made it TWICE last week) and I scrambled some eggs and topped the cooked eggs with beef chili. Let me tell you it was so good and it will satisfy even the most protein-obsessed eaters. This breakfast will keep you going for a week and won’t weigh you down.

Scrambled Eggs and Leftover Chili (2 servings)
  • 4 eggs, beaten
  • 1 cup leftover chili (see my post last week for one option but any chili will do)
  • Grated cheese (optional)
  • Chopped onions (optional)
  • Sour cream (optional)
Scramble the eggs. Divide the eggs onto two plates. Serve the eggs topped with ½ cup of hot leftover Chili. You could garnish this with chopped onions, grated cheese and/or sour cream. I think this would make a great brunch entrée. You can prep the chili the day prior and just leave it warming on the stove. At mealtime all you would need to do is scramble the eggs. Put out a bunch of toppings and you have a festive, easy brunch.

Your escalator operator November 12, 2009 at 1:20 am

Ugh. I have to stop reading your blog right before I go to sleep. This looks sooo good.

Your escalator operator November 12, 2009 at 1:21 am

PS: Re lunch today – your sous chefs are hilarious.

Drew November 16, 2009 at 4:26 pm

Another great way to do this dish is to serve yourself a bowl of chili with a sunnyside up egg on top. The runny yolk oozing through the chili is delicious!

Steve January 23, 2010 at 3:01 pm

Um.. this looks DELICIOUS! Have you tried it with over easy eggs and corn tortillas? That’s MY favorite!

Rachel January 24, 2010 at 8:33 am

I haven’t tried it that way, but I will. It sounds like the cowboy version of Huevos Rancheros.

Pavan September 1, 2012 at 10:04 am

I thought I was crazy trying this, but I’m glad I found your blog. I’m doing it right now!

John May 27, 2013 at 9:17 pm

I LOVE CHILLI AND EGGS, I HAVE IT EVERY TIME WE HAVE LEFT OVER CHILLI. I DO IT A LITTLE DIFFERENT THOGUH. I MIX ABOUT 5 TO 6 EGGS, AND ADD THE LEFT OVER CHILLI AND MIX IT UP, AND I HAVE MY SKILLET READY TO GO W/ ABOUT A TSP OR OF OIL, AND POUR THE MIXTURE IN THE SKILLET AND THEN TAKE A WOODEN SPOON AND SCRAMBLE THE EGG AND CHILI MIXTURE AND ABOUT HALF IN I ADD CHESSE AND FINISH THE DISH. IT COMES OUT GORGEOUS PLATE IT AND CHOW DOWN.

Rachel May 28, 2013 at 3:39 pm

John:

Your method sounds great. Either way – we share a love for chili and eggs!

Dave July 13, 2013 at 10:41 am

Sounds awesome. Here’s another idea: omelet!!