Sometimes we all need simple food and when we do – this is just the ticket. This is a light fluffy quiche rather than a dense one. You can leave out the smoked turkey if you want a vegetarian meal and you can easily swap broccoli for the zucchini. Because it tastes just as good at room temperature as it does hot it makes a great school lunch option.
Quick Smoked Turkey and Zucchini Quiche
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons best quality butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 3 cups zucchini grated in a food processor
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup grated Gruyere cheese plus extra to sprinkle over the top of the quiche
- ¾ cup chopped smoked turkey
- ½ tsp dried basil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a medium saucepan sauté the onions and shallots with the butter for 10-12 minutes until the onions are soft.
Mix eggs, oil and Bisquick until smooth in a large mixing bowl. Add the sautéed onions, shallots, zucchini, Parmesan cheese, Gruyere, smoked turkey and dried basil. Pour into a greased 10-inch pie plate. Sprinkle the extra Gruyere over the top.
Bake for 45 minutes until the eggs are set and the top is a golden brown. You can serve the quiche warm or at room temperature.