This has to be one of the easiest, quickest meals to pull together EVER. We adore this dish and have been known to eat it for breakfast, or lunch, or dinner, or all three! My two boys ate almost an entire quiche, just the two of them, when I made this last night!
Crustless Smoked Salmon Quiche (serves 4)
- ½ cup half & half
- ½ cup cream (the recipe can be done with all cream but it is much more caloric)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper (or black finely ground pepper)
- ½ cup red onion, finely diced
- 4-oz smoked salmon, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen or fresh sweet corn kernels
- 3 green onions, finely diced
- 1 cup grated cheese (I use Mexican Cheese Mix, but cheddar, gruyere, or swiss would all work)
- ½ cup red bell pepper, finely diced
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Blend together the eggs, the cream and the half & half. Add the salt and pepper. Mix in the red onion, smoked salmon, corn, green onions, half the grated cheese and the red bell pepper. Spray vegetable spray into a 9-inch pie pan. Pour the quiche mixture into the pan. Sprinkle the second half of the cheese over the top. Bake for 45-55 minutes until the quiche is set. I have to poke mine with a knife to be really sure if it is done. Serve immediately. This quiche is very light and it will settle (a kinder word for SINK) quite bit if you wait to serve it.