Amaretto Cranberry Cocktails

by Rachel on November 15, 2011

Amaretto Cranberry Cocktails

This cocktail combines two of my favorite flavors, cranberry and amaretto. I have an embarrassing number of recipes that rely on these two flavors. It could be worse. I could be obsessed with licorice pizza. I love the fact that these cocktails can be made ahead, poured into a beautiful glass pitcher, and then served to a large (or small) crowd. I think they make a perfect aperitif for Thanksgiving, Hanukkah or Christmas. They have the most glorious color. Their only downside is that they tend to go down a bit too easy.

Amaretto Cranberry Cocktails

• 2 cups cranberry juice
  • 1 cup vodka
  • ½ cup Amaretto
  • 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
  • mint sprigs for garnish

Mix cranberry juice, vodka, amaretto, and orange juice in a pitcher. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Can be prepared a day ahead.

Can be served chilled from the refrigerator, or you can shake them over ice in a cocktail shaker right before serving. Add a mint sprig in each glass for garnish.

Jennifer November 15, 2011 at 11:49 am

My Italian in-laws will love this for Thanksgiving – grazie!

Rachel November 15, 2011 at 11:52 am

Jennifer:
I think you might like them too…
Enjoy.

Kim Vinyard November 16, 2011 at 9:10 am

Hi Rachel,
Could you please send me your email address so I can contact you directly? I want to let you know about our free, easy-to-use ZipList Recipe Plugin, created for food bloggers on Wordpress, like you. ZipList, enables your readers to save favorite recipes from your site to an online and mobile recipe box and grocery list. A few food bloggers using our free plugin are: Southern Plate, Hoosier Homemade, Buns in My Oven and Skinny Crock Pot, among many others.

Thanks!

Kim

Sue/the view from great island November 17, 2011 at 6:07 pm

I want to taste this right now. I just bought some cranberry liqueur that I’ve been trying to figure out what to do with. I like that this drink uses cranberry juice. Sounds refreshing.

Rachel November 17, 2011 at 6:48 pm

Sue:
If it is after 5:00 pm where you are I grant you permission to make one of these. Or two.

Rebecca August 29, 2012 at 9:27 pm

This is my drink of choice & they are delicious. Yes they go too easily, lol!