My dear friend Chef Anne makes salad dressings that rock my world. This is my new favorite. It jazzes up a simple weeknight salad. Try it with hearts of Romaine, some Mexican Cotija cheese, tomato for color and cucumbers for crunch.
- 1 Anaheim pepper, charred, peeled, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1/3 cup roasted and salted Mexican pumpkin seeds (Whole Foods sells them)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- juice of one lime
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed, last inch of stems removed and discarded
Put everything except the cilantro in a blender. Process a few times. Add the cilantro and blend until smooth.
This will make enough dressing for 2-3 salads, depending on how heavily dressed you like your salad. The dressing will keep in the fridge for a full week.
- Two small hearts of Romaine, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup Persian or English cucumbers, peeled and cubed
- 1/3 cup Mexican pumpkin seeds
Toss all of the salad ingredients together with the dressing. Serve.