Chef Anne threw this sauce together a few weeks back in the Stern kitchen. It works beautifully served over grilled fish, grilled lamb or grilled chicken and it will keep in the fridge for a solid week (do me a solid, would ya?). This is a HUGE hit in the Stern house amongst the large and small Sterns. They would eat this straight out of the bowl if I let them (which I do not – because I am mean through and through).
Lemon Parsley Olive Sauce (makes 1 1/3 cups of sauce)
- 1 cup sliced olives (we used Kalamata and Queen green olives – you have my permission to use whatever kind you like, or whatever kind you have lying around)
- juice and zest of one medium lemon
- 1/3 cup flat leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
Mix together all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Serve.